Четврток 25 јануари, 2011

Sorry about that, I'm a bit rusty on the bloggy thing.
 
Wow.
 
A new year.
 
Kind of like mondays, only bigger. 
 
I love mondays... they are like a blank canvases, or new tubes of paint. I try to make the most of these very special days. Try new things, go to new places, cook new dishes. I am, in fact, pretty adventurous on mondays. 
 
I'm really glad that 2010 is all wrapped up and put away on the shelf now. It was a tough year. Moving on now.
 
I have learned by past experiences that things (classes, travel, friends, books, movies, restaurants ...) will be a lot less disappointing if I have no grand expectations to be met by them. So, no grand expectations for 2011.
 
Just adventurous mondays. And a little organization. And possibly a narrowing of focus on what I'd like to be doing with my life. Being one of those random type people that are out there amongst you (you know who you are), I find it all too easy to start in one place (without a plan of course) and end up in an entirely different place (naturally), where they hardly speak the same language or have the same customs (of course they do!). I'm very comfortable with this, so don't even think of advising me on how to join the rest of you!
 
I have earned my certificate in Genealogical Research! It was a tough, but grand, journey. Now I have to go back through the 10+ years of work that I have done and document where all the information came from. It would have been a Very Good Thing to do right from the beginning. But I did not, so I am doing it now. Another one of those Horrible Example moments, I'm afraid.
 
Anyone want a family tree?
 
I have a new laptop. Love it. Unfortunately, there isn't any Photoshop or similar program, so no pictures for now. I'm thinking about putting Elements on this computer, though I really prefer PS... and it is only for the dodge and burn feature that I prefer it. That's what comes from learning the old fashioned way of photography... years in the darkroom. Another thing I don't regret, but also don't get to use much these days. I haven't even had the yearning to drag out the film camera, shoot some frames and get my hands wet and smelly from the chemicals. I can imagine the odors of all of the chemical trays, as if they were sitting in front of me right now. Nope, don't miss it much.
 
I have having fun making glass beads... sorry you can't see them. I am so thankful that there are wonderfully talented glass artists who take the time to make tutorials up so I can buy them and learn how to do new techniques. Yes, classes in person are much better, but the tutorials allow one to take the necessary time in absorbing the information, then putting it into practice. And refering back to the pages again to see where I went wrong. It's all good. Don't worry, I will figure out some way to get photos back into the blog, without freezing my fingers in the room with the desktop computer.
 
I was reading someone elses blog today - she has created something she calls Thirty by 30 (or something akin to that)... a list of things she wants to achieve by the time she celebrated her 30th birthday. So, naturally I thought - I could do Sixty by Sixty! And it isn't even monday...
 
I wonder how long it would take to achieve 60 worthwhile things...
 
It's a starting place -let's see where it ends up.

Comments

Popular Posts