Domenica XVII December MMXI

I know. December! Yikes.

I decided not to bother you all with sanding pictures... or even tell you of the hardships my poor arms went through to get to the point where I could think about adding the first coat of epoxy.

I admire folks who do this for a living.

I was very sad to have to give up the block plane for the orbital sander. I must be some sort of throwback from another age... I like making the quiet rhythmic strokes with a firm but not tight hold the plane needs to do its work. I had to resort to the huge smoother plane or jointer plane for the evening-out part. But even those planes were not as awkward to use as the orbital sander. That in combination with a small stature, made for short sanding sessions. And not a lot of progress.

Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who willingly and secretly smoothed out a large portion of my kayak.

So here she is after a lot of sanding...


Smooooth !

So we gave her the first coat of epoxy. And now we are back to sanding to smooth out the surface again.



and shiny!


and pretty!


It's getting tough to get out to the garage to work on the kayak these days...presents to make, food to cook, house to prepare for family visitors...

Soon little kayak...soon I will be back to work.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts