Dydd Mawrth, 6 Gorffennaf

So.

A little sunburnt, a bit dehydrated, seriously scented with wood smoke... sounds like a successful camping trip to me...



Sagadahoc Campground in Maine. This is one of the waterview campsites. Pretty. Easy to get to, not inexpensive, but pretty, nonetheless. What ever happened to the bargain of setting up your own "motel" room, sleeping on the not-always-soft ground, making your own meals, and cleaning up after yourself aka leave nothing but footsteps?

That said, what hotel room has ever given you a window to the trees and sky above, piped in bird songs morning, noon and night, scented the room with clean fresh air smelling of the woods and ocean at the same time and lets you build a fire in your room? Not many, I'm sure. Oh, to the kids in the next campsite spot.... we heard everything....but we were not the ones who complained. Just so you know.

We had a modest 6th anniversary celebration... up really early ... cooked and ate bacon, eggs and naan...tidied up the campsite... waited for the tide to recede...went digging for clams...walked out to see the ocean...walked back to camp to wait for high tide... took the kayaks out for a spin ... did a little fishing...just one nibble... got back to camp (ready for bed) ....




....but no! cook the clams - a four hour process on campfire... (can we go to bed yet?) Cleaned up, took the rain fly off because it was too hot last night ... finally.... to bed... (like all good little campers). It was fun to watch the families that now surrounded us when the older kids left. Sparklers, s'mores, little boys running around hatching plans. Isn't it amazing that kids can see someone for the first time and become best friends in a matter of minutes?


We left on Sunday, and saved ourselves in order to avoid the traffic... I don't think I have ever seen less traffic on I-95. We were luckily home before we got too tired to drive. Camping is exhausting!

At home, I unintentionally unfurled the red, white and blue in honor of the fourth of July.


 


See the thermometer dial over there on the tree stump? It says what it felt like.... 100+... but the computer weather forcasting thingy for Keene on the computer said it was only 88 degrees out. What? I managed to dry three big loads of laundry ...and the clothes, when I took them down, were hotter than when I get them out of the dryer. Really hot. Actually, I'm a bit concerned... the weather forcasting thingy says 93 degrees right now. I'm inside with the ceiling fan on and my face has that glow that comes from being out in really hot weather. Must drink water....

What else is going on? I've been avoiding the garden in the heat, and it's too hot to do housework, or sort things in my "craft room". So I picked up my beading stuff and made some of these... these beaded beads - made with swarovski crystals - are habit forming... you should see them in the sunlight! SPARKLE!!!

 


I made them because I needed a break from this project...


Not sure where I am going with this... probably a necklace... the pieces are not attached ... yet. Bold - for me - choice of color. I'm trying to use the color that belongs to me... according to a color horoscope. Lava Red... so Not me. Maybe the necklace will infuse me with powers here-to-fore untold. Looks a little goth to me... also so not me... 

This just in ... a new discovery ... Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Caramel Fudge ice cream is a perfectly acceptable substitute for light cream in morning coffee. I don't usually enjoy sweet coffee, but I will make the occasional exception for this creation. Who knew? I suppose though - when it gets cooler - I should go out to get light cream instead of finishing out the week on B&J morning coffee.

Oh, Facebook friends.... I left ... fell desperately out of like with it. So excuse me if I have a blank look on my face when you talk about something you posted, or saw, on fb... I'm just not there anymore.


Comments

Popular Posts