***Rant warning!***

I have to get a few things off my chest. My apologies up front to those who are sick and tired of these topics, but I have just got to get it out, so I can move on.

3D TV. Seriously? I am still waiting for the HD promise to be fulfilled. Nice new television, all the HD accoutrements. And very little HD programming. The commercials, yes. Seems to me THEY should have known that HD takes much more bandwidth than ordinary cable has. Hey - satellite users - do you get good HD transmission? Probably not - you still need cables to hook it up to your tv, huh? Makes me feel like I'm living in the future and the aliens are coming to take over my tv. Freaky. IF the people in charge can't get the HD thing together, I don't have much hope for 3D. Don't want it anyway.

Health Care Reform. Ohforgodssake! Take your hands out of our pockets and put them in your own for a change. Make it simple and make it work.

Taxes - see above. There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you want the services, you have to contribute to pay for them. Period.

News? Can we please have real news on the TV and radio? We hit a new low last night when PBS spent a lot of time talking about Jay Leno and what ABC, NBC or CBS is going to do with his time slot, now that they started moving him around. We have such a fascinating world, can't the media come up with something more interesting than this? There should be a gag put on these subjects...in no particular order...the Taliban, El Queada, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, any TV show, marriage, civil unions, Christians, radicals, bombers, Palestine - well, you get the picture...if the subject has been brought up at least 5 times in the past 24 hours, on more than one channel, it is no longer news and it is time to move on. Now you know why it drives me crazy to watch/listen to the news. Now you know why I don't. Oh, and don't put it on the screen at the airport, grocery store, restaurant and waiting room where you are trapped into watching/listening to it. No wonder we are all on edge.

Stop advertising drugs on TV and let doctors do their job.

There. I am spent. Deep cleansing breath. Fluff up the air around me.

I don't think it is cabin fever...

Comments

Popular Posts