Mittwoch, 1 September

I love that word... mittwoch.... it makes such interesting mouth and larynx gymnastics.

I'm a little nervous.

My class starts tomorrow and I'm starting to relive all those first-day-of-school fears.

What if I can't find the right classroom?
What if nobody likes me?
What if I make a fool of myself and foreverafter become the class dodo?
What if I don't know...

Wait a minute ... I relax a little remembering that I have, in fact, made it through countless "first days", so this is known territory and I have a pretty good track record.

Whew.

Besides, I don't have to worry about what I am going to wear, nor do I have to stress over my class picture... like back then...





I know, cute little bugger, huh? circa '56



Then there is the oh-so-serious senior year photo for the yearbook...




As I recall we each wore the white mock turtleneck and the necklace for our photo.


Haven't changed a bit since then.... well, not much.

I haven't tried to go to college online before. The computers are all set up ... we now have a laptop for traveling ... even if it is only to the living room... I've tried out the software and succeeded in registering, sending trial emails, receiving a sample document, customizing it and sending it back, and even taking a test and having it graded. The video chat system has been tested and works... I think I can handle the technical aspect of the course.

Tomorrow 74 of my classmates and I will embark on Boston University's Online Certificate in Genealogical Research Program.

I'm ready.

Comments

  1. sounds like you shouldn't have too much trouble finding the classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts